the Mifflin County Library
Mifflin County Library began in 1842 as a paid lending Library. It
became the County Library in 1942.
For 114 years the
located at 13 East Third Street, which is now the United Way
building. Its next home on Water Street has since been torn down.
The library moved into its current location on North Wayne Street
The Mifflin County Library System has four branches:
The main branch in Lewistown, Allensville, Kish (Belleville), and Rothrock (McVeytown).
The Mifflin County Library is part of the Central Pennsylvania
District Library Consortium. Other member libraries include Centre
County Library (Bellefonte), Schlow Memorial Library (State
College), Juniata County Library (Mifflintown), DuBois Public
Library, Shaw Library (Clearfield), and Clearfield County Library